|December 7, 2023
|December 7, 2023
With the Explore report builder open beta, the new reporting experience is now available to all Explore Professional and Enterprise accounts. The beta report builder makes data exploration and report creation more efficient and intuitive for beginners and advanced users alike.
This announcement contains the following topics:
- What’s changing and why?
- Is the beta available on my account?
- Which features are available in the beta?
- What do I need to do?
- When will the report builder be released for general availability?
What’s changing and why?
The beta report builder was available to a limited number of accounts beginning on April 11, 2023. Now, we’re ready to open access to this newly redesigned reporting experience to all Explore Professional and Enterprise accounts.
In the closed beta, the report builder included the following improvements:
- Intuitive drag-and-drop interface
- Metrics and attributes sorted by popularity
- Modernized filter value selection
- Table as the default visualization for new reports
- Visualizations grouped by type
- Multiple users can access and edit the same report at the same time
The open beta brings the following additional features:
- Smart visualization suggestions
- Report exports
- Drill in
- Quick actions like cloning, deleting, and creating a new report
- Report tagging
- Manual report loading mode
- Streamlined configuration for time-based attributes
- Smoother UI interactions
The beta report builder is compatible with reports created in the classic builder and vice versa. This means you can create a report in one of the builders and continue editing it later in the other one.
For more information, see Working with the report builder (Beta).
Is the beta available on my account?
The beta report builder is available for you if both of the following conditions are met:
- Your Explore plan is Professional, Enterprise, or Legacy
- Your Explore role allows building custom reports
Which features are available in the beta?
Currently, the beta report builder includes the features most commonly used for report creation. You can use the beta report builder to create ad hoc reports, reports that will be reused by your team, or reports to add to dashboards.
More advanced features like chart configurations, calculations, and result manipulations are not yet available. We’re working on redesigning and releasing these features. When you leave your feedback, please share which features you’re missing the most to help us set the right priorities.
You can use the beta report builder for creating new reports and, if some functionality is missing, save the changes, switch to the classic builder, and continue building your report there.
What do I need to do?
Try the new reporting experience and share your impressions with us. Click Share feedback in the top-right corner of the report builder to send us your thoughts. Your feedback will help to shape this new tool and make it more useful for you and your colleagues.
When will the report builder be released for general availability?
The general availability date of the new report builder has yet to be determined. It will be announced once we collect the necessary feedback and introduce the missing features.