How to pass application data by using Messaging SDK for Android/iOS?
Currently, we're using a classic MobileSDK to let users to open tickets from our App. We'd like to switch to Messaging SDK (Android and iOS) in order to have a Bot based on a navigation tree. A value-added vs non-messaging SDK is that we can define or update the navigation tree by using the flow builder, so that a new ticket is only created for specific branches..
That said, we're facing a huge problem: How can we pass application data from the app to the newly created ticket? With application data I mean internal data (eg. log, app version, etc.) that cannot be manually passed by the end user while Bot is in process of transferring to the Agent.
In other words:
- User starts a new messaging conversation from the top of Bot navigation tree
- At some point, user navigates to one branch to transfer to Agent
- With the flow builder we have specified some of the Custom Fields that can be manually provided by the User
- However, we need to provide additional custom fields in a transparent way (User should not be directly involved..)
- Once the Ticket is created, we expect ALL custom fields being ready in the ticket, both (3) and (4).
How to implement this by using Messaging SDK for Android/iOS?
Still no feedback on this?
This is another show-stopper to integrate Zendesk Messaging in our app.
FYI I've just created a ticket to ask the same question: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/10393907
Thanks for the feedback. At this time we don't have a way for you to pass in additional info to custom fields not included in the flow builder for the messaging SDK. Though this is is something that the dev team is hoping to address in the future.
So, there is no way to pass additional info to custom fields, but I'd like to stress the fact that it's a very huge limitation. Let me provide a couple of examples:
1) Example 1: Customer starts a bot conversation by using our app which is integrated with Zendesk Messaging. At some point, the work-flow opens a new ticket and transfer to an Agent, who needs GPS coordinates in order to help customer.
So we need to force customer to manually enter her/his GPS data?
2) Example 2: Customer needs to open a complaint for an order submitted via our mobile app.
As the Messaging flow is started directly from the Order screen, again, it does not make sense to request customer to manually enter the order number.
@Eric, are you able to provide a date to address this? Please feel free to use the Ticket I submitted earlier ( https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/10393907 )
Appreciate the context. Our product team understands that this is a serious limitation, which is why they have this on the roadmap to get addressed in the future. I can't provide a timeline at the moment as this work is still being scoped.
Thanks for your patience
OK no timeline yet, but at least... can you please provide a date for the timeline itself?
We're trying to figure out if it makes sense to wait for future developments on Zendesk Messaging side..
We plan our roadmap out at minimum a quarter in advance. Due to a timeline not being set, the earliest this work would get picked up would be Q4 (though unlikely). If this is considered a blocker for you, I'd continue using the classic SDK's through end of the calendar year.
Vous devez vous connecter pour laisser un commentaire.