Agents can include file attachments in ticket comments. If enabled by an administrator, end-users can add attachments to ticket comments as well.
- Adding comments to tickets
- Changing a ticket comment from public to private
- Adding other agents or end-users to a ticket
- Adding tables to ticket comments
To attach one or more files to a comment
- If you're using rich text formatting, click the paperclip icon
If you are not using rich text, click Attach file.
- Browse to the file you want to attach.
- Select the file, and click Choose.
The file is added to the ticket.
You cannot remove an attachment from a ticket after you have submitted the ticket.
The files you attach to the comment are added to the email notification message. Administrators can enable the Require authentication to download setting, so only logged in users will be able to view the files. Otherwise, anyone with the link can view the attached file. For more information about making attachments private, see Enabling attachments in tickets.
Note that attachments are not indexed by search engines unless the link for the attachment itself has been published in a Help Center article or something similar. This is the case whether Require authentication to download is turned on or off.