In the constant struggle to retain your customer's attention on an email, there are limited ways you can make your emails stand out.
One effective way to help you on your path of email customization is to add a sender image (otherwise known as e-mail avatar).
This tip will cover the two most popular services that allow you to do so.
1. Create an account for your support addresses on https://accounts.google.com/SignUpWithoutGmail
2. Go to your Suspended tickets view on your support account and recover the "Google Email Verification" email, most likely the most recent suspended ticket.
3. Click on the verification link
4. Navigate to https://myaccount.google.com/ and set your icon (Click on the profile icon itself and hit "change")
5. You're Done!
What is Gravatar?
A Gravatar is a Globally Recognized Avatar. Millions of different websites and services pull images from this service to provide an avatar for those services. In the sphere of email clients, these include (to name a few):
By having both Gravatar and Gmail Icons, you ensure your branding and personalization for your support addresses reach your customers.
How to set it up
1. Create a Gravatar profile at https://gravatar.com , if you don't have one already.
2. Check your Views (and Suspended tickets) to find an email from Wordpress.com, to verify your account.
3. Activate and head back to site, Upload image, and add to your support address.
4. Use the "Add Email address" link to add additional support addresses, then repeat steps 1-3!
That's it! Now, when people receive your emails within Gmail/Google apps, or within a service that uses Gravatar, they will see your customized branding!