If you have installed the Knowledge Capture app, agents can use the app in the Support agent interface to add feedback to existing articles. If a ticket reveals missing or incorrect information in an article, an agent can add a comment near the relevant text describing the needed change to flag the article for an update.
When an agent submits feedback for an article, a ticket is created. The ticket includes:
- A link to the article that needs the update
- A link to the ticket that is the source of the update
- The user name of the agent who flagged the ticket
- The inline comments added by the agent
For information about planning your workflow, see Setting up your workflow for flagged articles.
To submit feedback for an article
- Ensure that the Knowledge Capture app is open, then open a new or existing ticket.
- Click an article title in the search results in the app to open the article in a preview window.
You might need to search first if you don't see the article you want to flag.
- Hover over the text that needs an update, then click the comment icon that appears beside the text.
A comment field appears.
- Enter your feedback in the comment field.
If you need to remove your comment, click the X beside the comment field.
- Add comments to other sections, as needed.
- Click Send feedback.
You will not see the feedback button until you have entered at least one comment.
When you submit feedback, a new ticket is created. The link to the ticket appears at the top of the feedback window.
The resulting flagged ticket has the tag
knowledge_capture_flagged_article. You can use the tag to create views, macros, and business rules.
The resulting flagged ticket contains a link to the original ticket where it was flagged, if the article was flagged from an existing ticket. If the article was flagged from a new ticket, that had not been submitted yet, the resulting flagged ticket will not have a link to the original ticket because the new ticket did not have a ticket number at the time.