Help Center profiles display user information, activity, and recent contributions. Help Center profiles also enable users to follow one another and get notifications of new articles, posts, and comments for anyone they are following. Help Center profiles are enabled by default and are available even if you are not using Community in your Help Center.
Help Center profiles are available on Guide Professional and Enterprise.
About Help Center profiles
Help Center profiles can be either public or private.
- Public profiles display user details contributions to everyone.
- Private profiles display user details to everyone, but show contributions to only the owner and agents.
Public profiles become active and visible to all users when the user makes a public contribution, such as a post, community comment, or article comment. Until then, the profile is visible only to the owner and agents.
Help Center profiles contain the following user information:
Name and optional personal bio
Member since date - date of the first public contribution
Last activity - date of the last contribution
Total activity - count of all the user's actions
Votes - number of votes the user has given
Subscriptions - number of subscriptions the user has
Following and Followed by - number of users the user is following and being followed by
Public profiles also include an overview of the user's last ten contributions, as well as access to all the user's articles, posts, and comments.
Enabling and disabling Help Center profiles
If you are using a standard Help Center theme, Help Center profiles are enabled by default. You can enable or disable profiles as needed in Help Center settings.
You can determine whether you want your Help Center profiles to be public, for everyone to see, or private, for only the owner and agents to see. Users cannot follow one another with private profiles.
- In Guide, click the Settings () icon in the sidebar.
- Under Guide settings, select or deselect User profiles.
- If you are enabling Help Center profiles, decide whether you want Public user profiles, which are visible to everyone, or Private user profiles, which are visible to only the user it belongs to and agents.
- Click Update.