When you create a custom calculated metric, Explore chooses a default aggregator but you can change this to any other aggregator. However, depending on the nature of the metric, you might want to use another default aggregator and deactivate aggregators that are not compatible with the metric.
The best practice is to set the default aggregator and restrict unnecessary aggregators for each newly created metric. Read this article to learn how to set a new default aggregator for a metric and restrict users from selecting other aggregators.
To learn more about the different aggregators you can use, and how to use them, see Changing metric aggregators.
To edit a metric's default aggregator and visibility
- In the Metrics panel of Query Builder, click Add.
- Expand Calculated metrics, then find the custom metric you want to edit.
- Click the pen icon next to the metric. In the example below, the Tickets metric is shown.
- Click the pen icon to open the metric menu. In this menu, you can rename your metrics and update its formula.
- From the Options menu, choose Edit aggregators:
- In the Default column, click the circle next to the aggregator you would like to make the default for the metric.
- In the Visible column, click the eye icon () next to the aggregators you want to hide from viewers.
- Click Save.
The new default aggregator will automatically be applied to that metric. Any metrics you selected to hide will be removed from the metric's aggregators list.