After you create an Explore dashboard, you can customize it using the options on the Dashboard Builder toolbar.
This article contains the following sections:
Use the Add drop-down list to choose queries and other widgets that you want to add to your dashboard.
For details about adding widgets, see Adding and arranging dashboard widgets.
The Dashboard menu contains the following options:
- Undo steps back the last action you took.
- Redo - Restores the last action you undid.
- Paint format copies a widget's formatting to apply to other widgets.
- Paint size applies formatting to a selected area of your dashboard.
- Hide outline of the tab bar removes the border around tabs.
- Snap to grid displays a grid to help you align your widgets. You can change the grid size. The grid does not appear on the published dashboard.
- Clone creates a copy of the dashboard. This also clones all widgets on the dashboard.
- Background color applies the selected color as the background of the dashboard. The tab fill color you set overrides the background color. You might need to set the tab fill color to transparent to see the dashboard background color.
- Dashboard width increases or decreases the width of your dashboard.
The Tab options menu contains the following options:
- Size: Fit to one screen resizes your tab to fill the screen. If you deselect the fit to one screen option, you will be able to enter custom sizes in the tab dimension menu.
- Automatically reorganize widgets reorganizes your widgets to fill the entire tab. Before you reorganize widgets, a warning dialog will appear to confirm your selection.
- Tab height applies custom dimensions to your tab. This will only appear if you have deselected the fit to one screen option.
- Interaction options removes tab interactivity to permit public sharing (see Turning off data interactivity).
- Export options sets the permitted formats for the tab when the dashboard is exported.
- Slides options sets the widget order when slide-show mode is enabled (see Viewing widgets as slides).
- Tab fill color, Tab font color applies the selected colors to your tab background and text.
- Clone creates an exact copy of your tab in the current dashboard or another dashboard (see Working with dashboard tabs). All widgets on the tab will be duplicated as well.
The Dashboard title menu contains the following options:
- Title fill color applies the selected color as the background for your title.
- Title text color applies the selected color to the title text.
- Title font size applies the selected text size to the title.
- Title size sets the height of the title. Your text size will not be altered.
- Image add an image from your computer, or an online source. A remove image icon will appear after you add an image.
The Widget options menu contains the following options:
- Hide/show header remove or add a header to the widget.
- Header size sets the header's height. Your header text size will not be altered. There is no width option for a widget header; headers will automatically adjust to the widget width.
- Border color applies the selected color to the widget border.
- Hide border removes or adds a border to the widget.
- Rounded edges sets how far widget corners are rounded inwards.
- Widget position sets the width and height of a widget, as well as its location on the dashboard.
- Background color applies the selected color as the widget's background.
- Hide loading icon removes the icon displayed while widgets are retrieving data from your dataset.
The Widget header menu contains the following options:
- Widget header fill color applies the selected color as the background for your widget header.
- Widget header text color applies the selected color to the header text.
- Widget header font size applies the selected text size to the header.
- Bold, Italic, Underline sets the formatting for the header text.
- Left, center, right-justify sets the header text to the selected position.
If you have added a text widget to your dashboard, you can customize the text formatting. Unlike the other customization options in the dashboard builder, there is no toolbar menu for customizing text. Instead select the text you want to customize by selecting a section of text, or by double clicking a word.
The text customization options will appear as a pop up under the text you selected.
- Bold adds bold formatting to your text.
- Italics italicizes your text.
- Underline adds a line underneath your text.
- Text color changes the color of your text.
- Hyperlink renders the selected text as a link. Enter a URL after you click this option.
- List orders your texts in a numbered list. Every time you press enter, a new line will be added with the next sequential number.
- Bullets adds bullet points in front of each new line of text.
- Justification opens a drop-down menu where you can select to left, right, or center-justify your text.
- Text size increases or decrease the size of your text.
- Default resets your text back to Explore's original formatting.