This recipe will show you how to find the number of unique users who submitted a ticket in any given month. It doesn't matter if a user submits multiple tickets, they will only be counted once
It replaces this Insights recipe of the same name.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, choose the dataset containing the ticket data you'll need to build the query; in this case Support: Tickets.
Query Builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of tickets created. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the Users and organizations section, choose End-users and then click Apply.
- Click the End-users metric in the Metrics panel and change it's aggregator to D_COUNT (because you only want to count each end-user once).
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the Time - Ticket Created section, choose Ticket Created - Year and Ticket Created - Month, in that order, and then click Apply.
- If you want to filter your results, click Ticket Created - Year, then choose the period you wish to look at. To look at the last 12 months, click edit date range and then click the Advanced tab.
- Choose from 12 months in the past to 1 months in the past as your range.
- This displays your results in a table form. If you prefer to see them in a different format, move Ticket Created - Year and Ticket Created - Month, in that order, from the Rows panel to the Columns panel, and then choose the appropriate chart using the visualisation selector. We recommend a column chart for this query.