A line chart is a great way to compare solved tickets for the current year versus the previous year, by month.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
Zendesk Explore Professional
Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
You can click the preview below to watch a video of this recipe, or continue to the walkthrough.
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query, and then select Support Tickets as your dataset.
- In Query Builder, under Metrics, add Tickets to the query.
- Under Columns, add the Ticket Solved - Month attribute, then click Apply.
- Under Rows, add the Ticket Solved - Year attribute, then click Apply. Click the Visualization type () icon and select Line.
- Click one of the time attributes that you added (Ticket Solved - Month or Ticket Solved - Year), and then click Edit Date Ranges.
- Click Advanced and set the range as below:
- From the beginning of 1 years in the past.
- To the end of Today.
You can click the header of the row selector, Ticket Solved - Year to ensure that all years are selected, and displayed on the chart.