A line chart is a great way to compare solved tickets for the current year versus the previous year, by month.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
Zendesk Explore Professional
Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New query, and then select Support Tickets as your dataset.
- In Query Builder, under Metrics, add Tickets to the query.
- Under Columns, add the Ticket Solved - Month attribute, then click Apply.
- Under Rows, add the Ticket Solved - Year attribute, then click Apply.Click the Visualization type () icon and select Line.
- Click one of the time attributes that you added (Ticket Solved - Month or Ticket Solved - Year), and then click Edit Date Ranges.
- Click Advanced and set the range as below:
- From the beginning of 1 years in the past.
- To Today.
You can click the header of the row selector, Ticket Solved - Year to ensure that all years are selected, and displayed on the chart.