This report shows you how to measure the amount of time between when a ticket is created to when it is solved for the last time.
This replaces the Insights recipe of the same name.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query icon ( ).
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- On the Choose a Dataset page, choose the dataset containing the ticket data you need to build the query; in this case, Support: Tickets.
Query Builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add, then choose Duration - Calendar (hrs) > Full Resolution Time - hrs.
- Click Apply. Explore calculates, and displays the median time taken between when a ticket is created to when it is solved for the last time.
- Now, you can slice this data by adding one or more attributes. For example, if you add Ticket Created - Date as a column, you can see the full resolution time on a day-by-day basis.
Customizing the report
Typically, the report you just generated will return a lot of results. To make your report more digestible, you can filter ticket results and select different chart types to represent your data. For example, you can filter ticket results to a specific month and select a line chart to show the increase or decrease in resolution time during that month.
To add a month filter to the report
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, click Time - Ticket Created > Ticket Created - Date.
- Click Apply. The filter is displayed in the Filters panel.
Now, when you click the Ticket Created - Date filter, you can select only the months you want to see on the report.
To change the report to display a line chart
In the visualization type menu (), click Line.
The chart is redrawn as a line diagram.