This Explore recipe provides a simple method for digging into your agent activity using the Updater attribute. Explore identifies the agent, admin, or end-user who updates a ticket as the updater. The report reveals how many times your agents updated their tickets with a comment.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket event data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query icon ( ).
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Ticket updates, then click Apply. Query builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of comments made. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Comments > Public comments and Comments > Internal comments, then click Apply.
- In the Filters section, click Add
- From the list of attributes, choose Updater > Updater role, then click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click Updater role to see the available results, and select the results Agent and Admin (if relevant). This will limit the results to comments by your team members only.
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Update > Update - Year, then click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click the Update - Year filter you just added.
- On the filter's page, click Edit date ranges.
- Choose the period you want to view results for, for example, This month.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Updater > Updater name and then click Apply.
- From the Visualizations selector, choose the Bar visualization.
- To sort your chart, add another metric using the ‘datatip’ button in the Metrics section. Choose Comments, then click Apply.
- From the result manipulation menu, click Sort.
- On the Sort page, apply an advanced sort using the following parameters:
- To stack your chart, go to the chart configuration menu, Chart section, and configure the following parameters: