In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a query that displays the number of Zendesk Chat conversations that were rated good or bad by customers in the week to date. You'll break this up into chats that were initiated by an agent, a customer, or by a trigger.
For more information about Zendesk Chat, see the Chat Help Center.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- A subscription to Zendesk Chat
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Chat > Engagement > Chat: Engagement, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Next, add a metric. A metric is the thing you want to measure, in this case, the number of chats. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Chats > Chats, then click Apply. Explore displays the total number of chats.
- Next, add an attribute that will break down the number of chats by who started them. In the Rows section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Chat > Chat started by, and then click Apply. Explore displays a table showing the total number of chats started by agents, visitors, and triggers.
- Next, add the attribute that shows the ratings for each chat. In the Rows section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Chat engagement > Engagement satisfaction rating, then click Apply. Explore displays the finished table. The blank results indicate chats that received no rating.
Tip: If you want to show a value like "No rating" instead of a blank value, you could create a renamed set in which Explore will change empty (NULL) results to read "No rating" instead. For details, see Organizing values by groups and sets.
- Finally, add a date filter to show only results from this week. In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Chat started > Chat started - Date, then click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click the Chat started - Date filter you just added.
- On the Chat started - Date page, click Edit date ranges.
- On the Date range page, click This week, then click Apply.
The query is now complete. Explore displays a table showing your chats for the past week divided by agent, visitor and trigger, then subdivided by no rating, a bad rating, or a good rating.