In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create an Explore query that reports the percentage of chats with a first reply time of under 30 seconds.
What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- A subscription to Zendesk Chat
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- Now, select a dataset containing the Chat data you'll need to build the query.
Select Zendesk: Chat engagement. Query Builder opens.
- In the metric list, expand Chats, click Chats, and then click Apply.
Now, you'll create a custom Standard calculated metric to calculate the number of chats that were first responded to in under 30 seconds.
- Click Calculations (), and then Standard calculated metric.
- Copy the metric below and paste it into the metric editor. It will look like the screenshot below:
IF (VALUE(Engagement first reply time (sec)) <=30)
THEN [Chat ID]
- Add the new metric from the metrics panel under Calculated metrics. Ensure the metric aggregator is set to D_COUNT. For more information, see Choosing metric aggregators.
Now, add the percentage detail using a Result metric calculation.
- Click on Result manipulation (), then select Result metric calculation. Once there, click Add a new metric.
- Enter the name of your metric.
- Enter the formula below. You must select your metrics and functions from the drop-down next to Insert.
D_COUNT(Chats first replied in under 30 secs)/D_COUNT(Chats)
- Click + Add to add the calculation.
The final step is to edit the query to show the new calculation in a percentage format.
- Click Chart configuration (), then Display format. Then change the calculation metric to display in %.
Then the query is done! Check out the screenshot below as an example.
You can use date attributes in this report if you would like to filter the results by a specific date range. Check out Editing dates and date ranges for more information.