What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- A subscription to Zendesk Talk
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- Now, select a dataset containing the Chat data you'll need to build the query.
Select Zendesk Talk. Query Builder opens.
4. In the metric panel, expand Inbound calls, click Inbound calls and then click Apply.
Now, you'll create a custom Standard calculated metric to calculate the number of calls that were answered after 30 seconds.
5. Click Calculations (), and then Standard calculated metric.
6. Copy the metric below and paste it into the metric editor. It will look like the screenshot below:
IF (([Call direction]="Inbound")
AND (VALUE(Call answer time (sec)) >= 30))
THEN [Call ID]
7. Add the new metric from the metrics panel under Calculated metrics. Ensure the metric aggregator is set to D_COUNT. For more information, see Choosing metric aggregators.
Now, add the percentage detail using a Result metric calculation.
8. Click on Result manipulation (), then select Result metric calculation. Once there, click Add a new metric.
9. Enter the formula below. You must select your metrics and functions from the drop-down next to Insert.
D_COUNT(Calls answered after 30 seconds)/D_COUNT(Inbound calls)
10. Click + Add to add the calculation.
The final step is to edit the query to show the new calculation in a percentage format.
11. Click Chart configuration (), then Display format. Then change the calculation metric to display in %.
Then the query is done! Check out the screenshot below as an example.
You can use date attributes in this report if you would like to filter the results by a specific date range. Check out Editing dates and date ranges for more information.