In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create an Explore query that will report on the number of tickets your agents are being assigned each day. This recipe is the Explore equivalent of the Insights recipe How many tickets are assigned to my agents each day.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
- Time Required: 15 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- Now, choose a dataset containing the update data you'll need to build the query.
Select Zendesk: Ticket Updates. Query Builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, expand Tickets, click Tickets assigned, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, expand Assignee, click Assignee name, then click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, expand Time - Ticket last assigned, click Ticket assigned - Date, then click Apply.
- Under Filters, click Add. Expand Time - Ticket last assigned, then click Ticket assigned -Date. Then open the filter and click Edit date ranges, and then Last week.
If you'd like to set a different date range check out Editing dates and date ranges.
Then the query is complete! Check out the screenshot below as an example.