What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- Now, select a dataset containing the ticket data you'll need to build the query.
Select Zendesk: Ticket Updates. Query Builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- In the metrics list, expand Comments, click Public comments and Internal comments, and then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- In the attributes list expand the Updater menu, click Updater name, then click Apply.
- Click Filters and then click Add. Expand Updater, click Updater role, then click Apply.
- Click the Updater role filter, ensure you are on the Selected tab, tick Admin and Agent, then click Apply.
- Click Visualization type ( ) and select Column.
- Click Chart configuration (), then Chart, then tick Stacked and Stacked: Show total values.
- Click Chart configuration (), then Displayed values. Set Show value to Show, and set Position to Inside.
The query is complete! Check out the screenshot below as an example of a completed query.
You might want to edit the colors of the columns so that the displayed values are easier to read. To change them, click Chart configuration (), then Colors.
For more information about customizing the appearance of the query, check out Customizing queries.