Let team members know about specific opportunities when sharing updates, asking questions, or discussing important details, by using the @mentions feature in Sell.
The @mention feature is enabled for all users, and can be used when logging calls, notes, or visits to a lead, contact, or deal. You can @mention any Sell user that has access to that lead, contact, or deal.
Using the @mention feature
- Create a new note, call, or visit log (or edit an existing one) for a lead, contact, or deal.
- Click the @ icon to see a list of users to include.
- Alternatively, you can type the @ symbol while you are typing. Start typing the first few characters of the Sell user's name to see a list of possible matches.
If you are using a mobile device, type @ and select the person from the list.
- The user mentioned is notified, according to their notification preferences.
By default, when a user is mentioned they'll receive both an email notification and web alert (see Customizing @mentions notifications).
Collaborating in Sell
- Status updates: As a manager, you might want to check in on a deal by asking a rep for an update. Log a note and @mention someone to get an update on the status of a sale.
- Questions: @mention a coworker to ask questions regarding a specific lead, contact or deal from within Sell.
- Assign action items: if you need an approval on a quote or a sign-off on a renewal you can @mention your manager or relevant coworker to contact them instantly.
- Share important news: As an account manager, you check in with customers regularly. Log call notes and @mention specific people to share key items or big news that'd be good for them to know.
Customizing @mentions notifications
By default, when a user is mentioned they'll receive both an email notification and web alert. You can modify these settings.
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Manage > Notifications > Preset Notifications.
- In Assignments and mentions, click the When I am Mentioned notification.
- Configure your preferences and click Save.