Let team members know about specific opportunities when sharing updates, asking questions, or discussing important details, by using the @mentions feature in Sell.
By default, the @mention feature is enabled for all users. You can use it when logging calls, notes, or visits to a lead, contact, or deal. You can also @mention any Sell user that has access to that lead, contact, or deal.This article covers the following topics:
Using the @mention feature
To mention a Sell user
- Create a new note, call, or visit log (or edit an existing one) for a lead, contact, or deal.
- Click the @ icon to see a list of users to include.
Alternatively, you can type @ and the first few characters of the Sell user's name while you are typing, to see a list of possible matches.
If you are using a mobile device, type @ and select the person from the list.
- The user mentioned is notified, according to their notification
By default, the user mentioned will receive both an email notification and a web alert (see Customizing @mentions notifications).
Collaborating in Sell
- Status updates - a manager can check in on a deal by asking a rep for an update. Log a note and @mention someone to get an update on the status of a sale.
- Questions - @mention a coworker to ask questions regarding a specific lead, contact, or deal from within Sell.
- Assign action items - if you need approval on a quote, or a sign-off on a renewal, you can @mention your manager or relevant coworker to contact them instantly.
- Share important news - account managers can check in with customers regularly. Log call notes and @mention specific people to share key items or big news that'd be good for them to know.
Customizing @mentions notifications
By default, when a user is @mentioned they receive both an email notification and a web alert. However, you can modify these settings.To modify @mentions settings
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Settings icon (), then click Manage > Notifications > Preset Notifications.
- In Assignments and mentions, click the When I am Mentioned notification.
- Configure your preferences.
- Click Save.
Some of my users are blocked out in notes when I use the @mention so I can't select them from the list. What could this be?
it might be, because of the limitation that you can only @mention users who have access to the lead, contact, or deal that you're creating a note for.
Should this not be the case, please open a ticket with Support, so that we can take a closer look at it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.