The leads, contacts, and deals displayed in your working and smart lists can be filtered by common fields such as first name, last name, date added, and so on. You can also filter your lists by the custom fields you’ve added.
This article covers the following topics:
Creating a list filter
Your working lists differ depending on whether you are in your leads, contacts, or deals section. You cannot filter through all of your smart lists in one place, you must find your smart list for that specific section.
When you filter you cannot add information to a Leads smart list from your Contacts smart list or Deals smart list You can define and apply filters in the Index views in the Leads and Contacts page, and the Stage view on the Deals page. For more information about these views (see Using views in Sell). You can also switch between Index view (the default list view) or Table view in the top right corner.
To create a list filter
- From either the Index view available on the Leads, Contacts, or from the Stage view on the Deals page, click the + Field button. The filter panel is shown on the right side of the page.
- From the drop-down list, select the field you want to add as a filter. Any custom fields you created will also be displayed in the drop-down list.
- The field you selected will be added to the Filters panel.
- Click the name of the newly added filter field to expand it, then select the field options you want to use a list filter. Your list will be immediately updated to reflect what you’ve selected.
You can add multiple filters and also select multiple options from those filters to fine tune your list.
If you want to save your filtered working list, click the Save as Smart List button, which is located at the top of the list. For more information about smart lists, see Creating and using smart lists.
When you define and apply a filter in the Index view for leads and contacts, and the Stage view for deals, this filter is also applied to the Table view. For example, if you create a filtered list for leads to only show new leads added in the last month and then switch to the table view, you will see that the filter has been applied to this view as well.
Removing list filters
When you apply filters to a list and then save it as a smart list, that smart list is always available to you from the Working Center (see Using the Working Center to view and manage your smart lists).
As you’re defining and applying filters to your working lists, you can clear all the applied filters to display all your data (for example, all of your leads rather than just a subset of them).
To remove a list filter
- Select either the Index view available on the Leads, Contacts, or from the Stage view on the Deals page.
- Click the Clear All button at the top of the Filters panel.