Reach is a built-in lead provider feature that funnels new leads into your sales pipeline. Reach can also enrich existing leads in Sell by building a full contact profile to save you hours of research and prospecting, enabling you to focus on closing deals.
See the Sell Reach video for more information.
Reach has two different approaches depending on what you need:
- Prospecting: use Reach to prospect if you have an idea of who you want to get in touch with or if you’re looking to generate a targeted list of new leads.
- Enriching: use Reach to enrich your existing information and immediately build a fuller profile on a lead or contact in Sell, or replace outdated information with a relevant, up-to-date profile.
This article contains the following topics:
You need an active paid subscription with Sell to use Reach and admin rights to purchase Reach credits.
To purchase Reach
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Upgrade > Plans & Pricing.
- Click Change Plan and click the Reach tab.
Prices differ based on whether you choose a monthly or annual billing cycle (see Plans and pricing).
Reach credits are purchased on an account basis. The higher the plan, the more credits you receive to use towards acquiring new lead data and enriching existing leads and contacts.
- Select your package and click Update plan to upgrade your Sell plan.
Reach appears in your Settings options.
Setting up Reach
Manage credit allocation, and map your custom fields before you start using Reach.
You need admin rights to set up Reach in Sell.
To set up Reach
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Tools > Reach.
Click the Credit allocation tab to set up and manage your team's prospecting and data enrichment process.
Reach credits are purchased on an account basis, so you must upgrade all users to the same Reach Plan to use this prospecting feature. You can control how these Reach credits are allocated across the users on your account.
- Select Shared credit pool across the entire account to allow all users to prospect or enrich with Reach, or Shared credit pool only for all Admins to allow only admins to prospect or enrich with Reach.
- Click the Field Mapping tab to map Reach data to a custom field in your Sell account.
Reach automatically funnels standard information like Email and Phone Number into corresponding fields in Sell, but you can also map data to custom fields like Employees, or Technology. You can see all mapped objects in this tab.
- Scroll down and click Add fields next to a custom field.
- Choose a name for the custom field
- Select whether the custom field applies to a lead, person, or company (or any combination)
- Select whether the field is filterable or editable by an admin user only
- Click Save.
When you start using Reach, you can choose between using Prospecting Credits or Enrichment Credits. The information you already know about the lead or contact determines which type of credit you will use. You use one credit for each company or person that you prospect or enrich.
- Enrichment Credits: generate more relevant data about a lead or contact and build a more complete profile where you already have some information about the lead or contact. There is a minimum amount of data you need to use an Enrichment Credit.
- To use an Enrichment Credit for a company, you must know the Company name and website
- To use an Enrichment Credit for a person, you must know the email address
Prospecting Credits: If you don’t have this information, you will use a Prospecting Credit. Reach generates brand new prospects or improves existing data about your current lead or contact.
For example, you might have a certain company in mind that you believe would be a good fit for your product or service. Use the Prospect option with Reach to uncover a point of contact you need to get in touch with or use the Enrich option to retrieve key details around the company that could influence buyer behavior, like company size or market capitalization.
Using Reach to add a new lead, contact, or prospect
In your Sell account, you can use Reach credits when you add a prospect, lead, contact.
To use Reach to add a new prospect
- Click the Global Add button > Prospect.
Reach suggests a page of companies at a time. Scroll down and select Get 20 More to grow your list.
Use the sorting options to see more companies, or use the filters to narrow your list. Use the fields on the right side of your screen, such as Industry or Job Title, to filter and define your criteria. For people, select which prospects or leads you want to add to Sell.
- Select companies in the list that interest you and click Find People.
- Select from the list of people who are displayed.
You can click See more to display more people.
- Click Review prospects.
You'll see a summary of the companies and prospects that you've selected, and the credits that you'll use.
- Select whether you want to import the prospect as a lead or contact, and click Import.
- Click Import now to confirm the import.
You'll get a notification when the data is imported into Sell. Click the notification to see a list of the new Reach leads or contacts in Sell.
Using Reach to edit an existing lead or contact
In your Sell account, you can use Reach credits when you edit an existing lead or contact.
To use Reach for an existing lead or contact
- Go to the lead () or contact () page in Sell and click Edit.
- Reach is searched for a match and populates any suggestions on the right side of the Edit screen.
- Click Enrich or Prospect to use Reach credits to add information to your lead or contact, and click Save.
Note: When you click to enrich or prospect, you'll be charged the Reach credit whether you save the information or not.
You can also enrich multiple existing leads or contacts at the same time. This is useful when you have a new list of leads or contacts, or you have just added Reach to your account.
To use Reach to bulk update existing leads or contacts
- Go to your Working Center and select a lead or contact smart list in Sell.
You can select up to 1,000 people or companies at a time.
- Select the leads or contacts you want to enrich. You'll need to have an email address or website address recorded in Sell for the lead or contact to be eligible for enrichment.
- Click Enrich.
You'll see how many leads or contact you've selected, how many of those are ready to be enriched and what to do if some of the leads or contacts are not ready. You'll also see how many Enrichment Credits will be used.
- Click Enrich.
Reach is searched for a match and you'll get a notification when the data is imported into Sell. Click the notification to see the enriched data. You are charged for credits only if new data is found.