Use this article to learn how to edit queries you previously created. If you need help creating queries, see Creating queries.
Editing queries from a dashboard
On a dashboard you can either edit some query configuration options from the chart configuration menu or open the query in the query builder from where you can access all of the options.
- Click the dashboards library icon ().
- Open the dashboard containing the query you want to edit.
- Click the query.
- Click the down arrow in the query to open the query options.
- Select from the following editing options:
- Edit query: Access all editing options, including adding new data and changing the chart type. The query will open in query builder.
- Edit configuration: Customize only the report appearance using the chart configuration menu ().
Editing queries from the queries library
If you do not have your query added to a dashboard or are not working on a dashboard, you can edit your query from the queries library.
- Click the Queries library icon ().
- Click the Settings icon () for the query you want to edit.
- From the Settings drop-down list, choose Edit.
Query builder opens, and loads the query you selected.