If you already use a Google account to manage your appointments, tasks, and contacts, you can integrate your Google account with Sell, which will sync Sell with Google. This enables you to use both Sell and Google together to manage your customer relationships and sales pipeline.
This article describes how to set up a Google calendar integration in Sell. How to set up the integration for tasks and contacts is described in Integrating Sell tasks and contacts with Google.
Setting up a calendar with Microsoft Exchange is described in Integrating your Exchange Calendar with Sell.
To integrate your Google calendar with Sell
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Integrations > Calendars.
- Click + Add Google Calendar.
You’ll be prompted to choose the Google account you want to use to integrate with Sell. Choose the account you want to use then click Allow.
Enter the calendar account settings. This includes entering a name for the calendar as it will appear in Sell and which calendars you want to be visible in Sell. Choose the calendar for the Google account you chose in the previous step of this process (for example email@example.com).
Next, click the Default Calendar drop-down list and select the calendar you just selected as the visible calendar (firstname.lastname@example.org).Note: If you leave the dropdown selection as 'Sell Calendar', your appointments will not sync with Google.
- Click Complete Account Setup and the Google calendar will appear on the Calendar Accounts page in Sell.
All of the appointments contained in the integrated Google Calendar will now appear as appointments in the Calendar page in Sell (your Google calendar is now the default calendar in Sell). Additionally, if those appointments contain attendees whose email addresses match leads or contacts that already exist in Sell, they will be matched and the appointments will appear on each lead’s and contact’s cards.
On the Calendar Accounts page you can also add a logo that will be included in email invites for new appointments.
Some other important notes about how appointments sync in this integration:
- Appointments that are added or edited in either the Sell or Google calendar are synced (both calendars are the same).
- If you delete an appointment in the Sell calendar, it is also deleted in the Google calendar, and vice versa.
- If you also selected to make a secondary (view only) Google calendar visible in Sell, then you delete that secondary Google calendar from your Google account, the appointments that were copied into the Sell calendar from that secondary calendar will remain in the Sell calendar (they will not be deleted).
- The Google calendar you used to integrate with Sell, the primary and default calendar, cannot be deleted from your Google account. Attempting to delete the default calendar in your Google account will however delete all of its appointments, which will then be synced to Sell (in other words, removing them in both places).