This Explore report provides a quick way to see the number of tickets in your account broken down by the value set for a custom ticket field. It uses one metric and an attribute.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click Apply. Query builder opens.
- Next, you need to add a metric. A metric is the thing you want to measure, in this case, the number of tickets. In the Metrics section, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply. Notice that COUNT(Tickets) is displayed in the Metrics panel and Explore automatically displays the count of tickets in the main section of the page.
- Next, add the attribute that will break down the number of tickets by the custom ticket field. In the Rows section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Ticket custom fields > [ticket field name], then click Apply.
- By default, Explore chose a column chart to best display the data. To change this, click the Visualization type () icon.
- The query was, by default named New query. Click the New query text and replace it with a title of your own.
- Finally, click Save.