In this recipe, you'll learn how to create a query to show the number of comments your agents have made on tickets each day.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Ticket updates > Support: Ticket Updates, then click New query.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Comments > Agent comments, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket update > Update - Date.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Updater > Updater name, then click Apply.
- Click the Update - Date attribute from the columns to filter it to your preferred dates.
- By default, Explore chooses a column chart to best display the data. To change this, click the Visualization type () icon and choose Table.
- You'll see something resembling the following table:
- By default, Explore lists all users in your account. Now, you'll add a filter to show only the names of agents. In the Filters section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Updater > Updater role, then click Apply.
- Click the Updater role filter, select Admin and Agent from the list, then click Apply.
- The query was, by default named New query. Click the New query text and replace it with a title of your own.
- Finally, click Save.