In Zendesk Support, a zero-touch ticket is a ticket that was solved without an agent reply (known as a touch). This could include:
- Tickets that were solved because they contained nothing actionable
- Tickets that were solved because the customer updated the initial request to indicate they solved the problem themselves.
While Explore includes metrics that enable you to report on tickets with one or more agent touches (replies) as well as tickets without no replies that haven't yet been solved, there is no included metric that displays solved tickets with no agent reply.
In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a new standard calculated metrics that gives you the information you need.
This recipe contains the following sections:
What you'll need
Skill level: Intermediate
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the metric
Use this procedure to create a metric that returns all tickets that are solved or closed without any replies from the agent.
To create the metric
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Now, create a standard calculated metric that returns tickets that are closed or solved with no agent replies. Click Calculations (), then click Standard calculated metric.
- On the Standard calculated metric page, enter or paste the formula below into the Formula field. Add a name for the metric like Closed or solved tickets with no agent replies.
IF (VALUE(Agent replies) <1 AND ([Ticket status - Unsorted] = "Solved"
OR [Ticket status - Unsorted] ="Closed")) THEN [Ticket ID] ENDIF
The formula will look like the screenshot below:Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- When you are finished, click Save.
- In the Metrics panel of query builder, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Calculated metrics > Closed or solved tickets with no agent replies, then click Apply.
- In the Metrics panel, click the metric you just added, change the metric aggregator to COUNT, then click Apply. Explore displays the number of tickets that were solved with no agent reply.
Tip: If the query returns a large number of tickets, consider using a filter to restrict your results. For example, you could displays only tickets created this month. For more help, see Working with query filters.
While this is a useful report, you can make it even more useful by adding attributes to the query. For example, in this screenshot, the Ticket channel attribute has been added to the Columns panel.
For a list of all of the metrics and attributes you can add to Explore queries for Zendesk Support, see Metrics and attributes for Zendesk Support.