How do I remove a sales rep from my account? What is the difference between deleting and deactivating a user in Zendesk Sell?
Admins have two options to remove a person from the account, deactivate or delete. Both options will revoke the user's ability to access your Sell account and end all existing integrations created by that person.
Consider the differences below when deciding whether to deactivate or delete.
The deactivate option is commonly used when an employee may return to the company at a future time or if an employee leaves the company and their past actions should be preserved in the account.
- Deactivate is a temporary option. You can reactivate or delete the user in the future.
- Leads, contacts, deals, and tasks can still remain under the deactivated user's name until ownership is updated. The user cannot be assigned new records in the account.
- A deactivated user will still appear in Sell reports to analyze past actions of their accounts.
- Historic email conversations of the deactivated user are preserved as long as the user remains deactivated.
For more information, see the article: Deactivating a user in Sell.
The delete option is commonly used when a sales rep leaves the company and their past actions should be deleted as they will clutter your account or reports.
- Deleting is a permanent option.
- You are required to assign ownership of all the leads, contacts, and deals previously owned by your sales rep to another active user.
- A deleted user's name will appear on historic reports as "user name - deleted."
- All other data for the sales rep are removed from Sell (ex. email conversations).
For more information, see the article: Deleting a user in Sell.