About the Chat trigger
To avoid unanswered chat requests because the agents are at the end of their shift, send a friendly message to your customers that inform them about the operating hours.
For this recipe to work, agents need to change their status from Online to Away during the last hour of service. Agents can still handle chat requests when the agent's status is Away and they can also manually choose to answer to other chats through the Visitors tab in the Chat panel.
The trigger fires whenever the chat request occurs and all agent's status is Away.
How to create the trigger in Chat
Use the conditions below to create this trigger in Chat:
- Under Run trigger, select When a visitor requests a chat.
- Under Check conditions, select Check all of the following conditions.
- Still on site | 30
- Visitor served | Is false
- Visitor requesting chat | Is true
- Queue size (account) | Not equal | 0
- Account status | Not equal | Online
- In Perform the following actions, add:
- Send message to visitors | Customer Support | Our chat service is close to ending. We will be back tomorrow, from 9:00 to 21:00.