This Explore recipe shows you how to find the number of unique users who submitted a ticket in any given month. It doesn't matter if a user submits multiple tickets, they will only be counted once.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure; in this case, the number of tickets created. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Users and organizations > End-users, then click Apply.
- Click the End-users metric in the Metrics panel and change it's aggregator to D_COUNT (because you only want to count each end-user once).
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket Created > Ticket Created - Year and Time - Ticket Created > Ticket Created - Month, in that order, then click Apply.
- If you want to filter your results, click Ticket Created - Year, then choose the period you want to look at. To look at the last 12 months, click edit date range and then click the Advanced tab. Choose from 12 months in the past to 1 months in the past as your range.
This displays your results in a table form. If you prefer to see them in a different format, move Ticket Created - Year and Ticket Created - Month, in that order, from the Rows panel to the Columns panel, and then choose the appropriate chart using the visualization selector. We recommend a column chart for this report.
@... It looks like you could achieve this by building the following query in the Tickets dataset:
Rows or Columns (depending on what type of visualization you're after):
From there, you can select Result Manipulation on the right navigation menu and then Result metric calculation to build a new metric based on the two metrics you're querying for. The formula for this calculation would be: D_COUNT(Tickets)/D_COUNT(Requesters)
Note: If you have any tickets that are submitted by agents that you'd like to exclude, you may need to add a filter for the Requester Role so that you're only counting tickets created by end-users.
Hope that helps!
You should be able to find this in the Tickets dataset where you can use Time Requester Created and you can select Requester created year and requester created month.
Let me know if that doesn't get you the results you're looking for.
In Insights I was able to get the number of customers (end-users) contacting us for the first time during a month, by using the <month/year (user created)> attribute:
This is a very important metric for us and I cannot find a way to do it in Explore.
Is this possible? Thanks !
Thanks a lot @... :) Spot on solution
Is there a good way to divide number of tickets created each month by the number of monthly end users to find the average number of tickets per end user, per month?
Please sign in to leave a comment.