This report provides a quick way to see the number of tickets in your account broken down by the assigned agent and the channel the ticket was submitted via. It uses one metric, and two attributes.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket and agent data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
Use the following steps to create this report in Explore.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- Next, you need to add a metric. A metric is the thing you want to measure, in this case, the number of tickets. In the Metrics section, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply. Notice that COUNT(Tickets) is displayed in the Metrics panel and Explore automatically displays the count of tickets in the main section of the page.
- Next, add the two attributes that will break down the number of tickets by assigned agent, and ticket channel. In the Columns section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Assignee > Assignee name, then click Apply.
- In the Rows section, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Ticket > Ticket channel, then click Apply.
- You'll see something resembling the following chart:
Notice that by holding down CTRL (Windows), or OPTION (Mac) on your keyboard, you can select more than one ticket channel from the Ticket channel axis. Alternatively, click the header (in this case Ticket channel) to select all items.
By default, Explore chose a column chart to best display the data. However, the original Insights report displayed a bar graph. To change this, click the Visualization type () icon.
From the Visualization type menu, click Bar.
- Explore switches the chart to a bar graph. Assuming you select all ticket channels, you'll end up with something like the following:
- Now, you'll stack the results so that each agent name has only one bar showing the total number of tickets divided into colors for each channel type.
- Click the chart configuration () icon, then click Chart.
- On the Chart page, enable the Stacked setting.
- Click the chart configuration icon again to close the menu. Assuming all ticket channels are selected, you'll see something like the following:
- The report was by default named New report. Click the New report text and replace it with a title of your own.
- Finally, click Save.
It would help considerably if you could see the pictures. They are so small and unreadable
Hi Mark Fly, sorry about that! I've updated the article so that the images are larger. Hopefully that helps!
Hi @..., if the full report results are too hard to read in a single report, you can use a filter to restrict the report results by date or by a certain attribute (like Ticket group, Ticket organization, or whatever else makes sense for your data). That should make the report more manageable.
Hello, is there a way to add a custom display metric where the results for specific tickets channels are combined? Say I just want to see Web (but combined results of mobile SDK, API, etc.)and Chat.
Hi Emily Sia, you could create an attribute 'Group' to combine the channels into buckets that make sense to you.
You can find steps on how to do that here - https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408836227866-Organizing-values-by-groups-and-sets
You access the Group options from the Calculations menu:
Please sign in to leave a comment.