We have a large number of tickets that did not close. I want to mark them all as closed so they can be archived and not show in my views. How can I close a large number of tickets?
There are two options you can use to automatically close tickets. You can either use API or create a business rule to set all ticket status from a set time range to close.
Use API to bulk close tickets
If you or one in your team is comfortable using the API, take advantage of the ticket API endpoint to identify and manage your tickets. For more information about the API, see the article: Admin's guide to the Zendesk API.
If you are unfamiliar with APIs, you can use Postman to make an API request to your Zendesk Support account. For more information on how to use Postman to make API requests to your Zendesk account, see the article: How do I set up Postman to make API requests to my Zendesk account?
Create an automation to set ticket status to close
Use automation to create a time-based business rule to close all your tickets. Below is an example you can use.
- Add a new automation.
- Set a title for the new automation.
- Add the following conditions under Meet all of the following conditions:
- Ticket: Hours since update > Greater than > (Specify the time here) - If the tickets you want to close are on a specific status, you can use other conditions such as Ticket: Hours since open, Ticket: Hours since pending, and, Ticket: Hours since solved.
- Ticket: Status category > Less than > Closed
- Add the following conditions under Perform these actions:
- Ticket: Ticket status: Solved
- Ticket: Status category: Closed
- Click Create Automation.
Great post! Will adding a new automation to close all tickets greater than 'x' number of hours close tickets created before the automation was set up?
Our team needs to close tickets in a given group that are more than a week old. Wondering is this will help.
When we use API to close the tickets, let us say over 1000, it would take long time.
We use python to read each ticket id then put the url with relevant tag etc
Is there any better way?
As of the moment, those are the possible options to bulk close or update tickets. We understand your need to update a large number of tickets at a time so I am marking your comment as product feedback to flag the need for that functionality, and to notify our Product Managers. We truly value customer feedback and your voice and votes on the product feedback topics in the community help influence future Zendesk functionality.
Please sign in to leave a comment.