My email address changed or was entered incorrectly, and now I can't log in. How can I access my account? How do I change the email address that my agent uses to sign in?
Warning: The steps outlined in this article are intended for customers who use Zendesk native authentication. If your account uses single sign-on (SSO) to authenticate users, see the article: Accessing your Zendesk account when your SSO service is down.
Agent solution steps
- If you still remember your old email and password credentials, you can still sign in using an old email address.
- Once you are signed in, click your profile icon in the upper-right corner of the page header, then select View profile.
- Open the Primary email dropdown in your profile and select Edit email to change the email address you use to sign in.
- Once the email address is updated, you will receive a verification email to confirm the new address.
Administrator solution steps
If you cannot remember your sign-in credentials, contact another administrator on the account. Any administrator can change the primary email address that another agent (or administrator) uses to sign in.
- Open Admin Center and navigate to the Team members page.
- Search for the affected agent, and open the agent's profile page.
- Click edit next to the agent's name.
- Click the Primary email dropdown and select Edit email to make a change on behalf of the agent.
The agent will receive a verification email.
Agents can verify the email address by clicking the link in the email. Additionally, an administrator can verify the email address manually by opening the agent's profile and clicking Verify now.
If I make an primary email change when SAML is enable would that affect the SSO process?
Please sign in to leave a comment.