A lead is a yet to be qualified person, company, or business opportunity that, once qualified, can be included in your sales pipeline. A qualified lead is something that has more potential to turn into real business. When a lead is qualified, you convert leads into contacts and into deals.
Leads, along with contacts and deals, are one of the primary elements in your Zendesk Sell account, therefore adding leads is a task that you will perform often. Adding a lead means creating a new profile for a person or company.
To add a lead
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Dashboard icon ().
- Open the Add dropdown menu and click Lead.
Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut Shift C + Shift L (see Viewing and disabling keyboard shortcuts in Sell).
- Enter as much profile information as you have for the person or company, including filling the required fields: First Name, Last Name, or Company Name.
Note: To prevent you from adding duplicates, when you enter the name of the person or company, Sell automatically checks to see if they've already been added as a lead or contact. If so, the lead or contact information is displayed in the right panel.
- (Optional) Specify an Owner for the lead. If not specified, ownership defaults to the person adding the lead.
- When you’ve finished entering the lead's information, click either Save & view lead or Save.
If you clicked Save & view lead, you’ll see the lead’s new contact card listed with all of your other leads on the Leads page.
If you prefer not to enter your new leads manually, you have the option to import them into Sell from other sources (see Importing and exporting in Sell).
For information about editing your leads, see Editing lead and contact profile information.
As with contacts and deals, you can also choose how you want to view and sort your leads, including adding custom fields and tags. See:
Please sign in to leave a comment.