How frequently does my Support data synchronize to Explore?
The frequency at which your data synchronizes with Explore depends on the Explore plan active on your account.
- If you are on the Explore Lite plan, your data synchronizes once every 24 hours. This synchronization should happen daily at midnight in the account's time zone. It is impossible to customize the time this sync takes place. The sync time is randomized within the first hour after 24 hours.
- If you are on the Explore Professional, Enterprise, or Legacy plan, your data syncs begin one hour after the most recent sync ends. The sync time is randomized within the hour and, in some cases, could take up to more than two hours to complete depending on the data size.
- If you are on the Explore Enterprise plan, you also have the option to use live dashboards and live data widgets that update in near real time.
To access the live dashboard
- In Explore, click the Dashboard icon () in the left sidebar.
- From the list of dashboards, select the Live data dashboard.
Note: If no reports or dashboards are executed in Explore for more than 30 days, the data refresh frequency is automatically changed to weekly. Once a user accesses at least one of the reports or dashboards or schedules them through email delivery, the sync frequency is back to normal.For more information, see this article: About the Zendesk Explore plan types.
I wonder for the Explore Professional, Enterprise, or Legacy plan, the max time to finish the data sync is 2 or 3 hours?
That would depend on how much data Explore has to sync. The more data in your account, the longer the sync can take.
Let us know if you have any other questions!
Thanks for the answer Brett.
So it means that it may took 3 hours over to be ready for your latest dashboard if you have bunch of data to sync right?
That's correct it may take that long if you have a good amount of data on your account that needs to sync over to Explore :)
Thank you Brett.
I am also concerned about the randomization. We were told that explore is replacing insights and that is should at minimum have the base functionality that insights had. Insights would refresh hourly. We were also told explore would refresh hourly. Sounds like this is not the case if refreshes can occur beyond the 1 hour mark.
Thank you for contacting Zendesk Support. My name is Kharlo and I'll be assisting you today. The frequency at which your data synchronizes with Explore will depend on the Explore plan active on your account.
If you are on the Explore Lite plan, your data synchronizes once every 24 hours. This synchronization should happen at midnight every day in the account's time zone. It is not possible to customize the time at which this sync takes place.
If you are on the Explore Professional, Enterprise, or Legacy plan, your data syncs begin one hour after the most recent sync ended. The sync time is randomized within the hour, and in some cases could take up to two hours to complete.
If you are on the Explore Enterprise plan, you also have the option to use live dashboards and live data widgets which update in near real-time.
Kharlo | Customer Advocate
Is it correct to state that using our Explore Dashboard/Queries are not going to be an effective use for real time updates/understanding of open tickets within my support team?
We would have to stick to views for real time updates?
That would be fair yes. But Explore and views serve two different purposes. Using views in this case is a good suggestion in your use case.
Unfortunately Views is not the effective view/goal I was hoping to use the dashboard for.
- Especially considering there is a limited number of views that are easily displayed/accessible on the side/tool bar display.
@... Not sure what you mean exactly, but yes overall the support dashboard and looking at individual team members views/tickets is great. But as a manager, the dashboards within Explore would be far more ideal so that you can see at a high level over the whole team (upwards of 5-10 people) that I manage at any given time.
Managers/other leaders within an organization viewing the support tickets within Zendesk (myself included) would prefer not to have to click through each user's view just to see what happening (micro managing) but rather at a high objective level just look at tickets based on broader themes/tags/triggers for importance.
Please sign in to leave a comment.