How can I remove the forwarding address from the Gmail connector and use the standard email forwarding?
To switch from the Gmail connector to standard email forwarding
- Click the Zendesk Products icon () in the top bar and click Admin Center.
- In Admin Center, click Channels in the sidebar.
- Under Talk and email click, Email.
- Follow this and the next step if the support address in question will be your default address. Hover your mouse to the right of your original Zendesk support address (
- Click make default if this email address is not already your default support address.
- Select disconnect to the right of your external support address, for example,
firstname.lastname@example.org delete the Gmail connector.
- Configure email forwarding in Gmail from the external support address to the default support address, for example
- Select Add address > Connect External Address.
- Add the external support address in the Enter current support address field.
- Click Go.
- If you wish for this address to become your default support address, hover the mouse to the right of the external support address and click make default.
Once the steps above have been completed, have the administrator of your email add the Zendesk entry of
include:mail.zendesk.com to the SPF record for the domain of the external support address. For more information, see this article: Allowing Zendesk to send email on behalf of your email domain.