I want to add an agent to Talk, Chat, or another Zendesk product. How do I set up access for a new agent?
You can set the product access role for an agent from their user profile in the Admin Center. Follow these steps:
- Add the agent as a new Staff user if they are not already added to your account. See this article: Adding agents and admins.
- Navigate to the user profile of the agent using either of these options:
- Option 1: Admin Center > People > Team > Team members.
- Option 2: Search for the user profile using the search function. Click the Search icon () in the top toolbar and search for the agent name. Look for the agent profile under the Users tab and click on the profile to open it.
- Click the link Manage role in Admin Center from the left sidebar.
- Review the roles that the agent has for each Zendesk product and make any changes necessary to grant them access.
For more information on each of the product roles and their permissions, see this article: Setting roles and access in Zendesk Admin Center.