After you create a report, you can return to it at any point to edit it.
When you make changes to a report that is included on a dashboard, readers of that dashboard won't see the updated report until you republish the dashboard. See Sharing and publishing dashboards.
Only one editor can edit a report at a time. If you try to edit a report that's in use, you'll see an error message telling you that the report is locked because it's currently being edited by another user.
Editing reports from a dashboard
On a dashboard, you can either edit report configuration options from the Chart configuration menu, or open the report in the report builder where you can access all of the editing options.
- Click the dashboards library icon ().
- Open the dashboard containing the report you want to edit.
- Click the report.
- Click the down arrow in the report to open the report options.
- Select from the following editing options:
- Edit report: Access all editing options, including adding new data and changing the chart type. The report will open in the report builder.
- Edit configuration: Customize only the report appearance using the Chart configuration menu ().
See Customizing reports for additional details on report customization options.
Editing reports from the reports library
If you do not have your report added to a dashboard or are not working on a dashboard, you can edit your report from the Reports library.
- Click the reports icon ().
- Click the Settings icon () for the report you want to edit.
- From the Settings dropdown list, choose Edit.
The report builder opens and loads the report you selected. See Customizing reports for additional details on report customization options.
Hi. When I try to delete a query (not the actual query, just the window of it in the dashboard), nothing happens. Do you have any explanation on this?
IMHO - this is a defect. If I have one report used on 100 customer dashboards and I make a change to the report I shouldn't have to republish 100 dashboards
Please sign in to leave a comment.