How can I create an alert to notify me that a ticket needs a reply?
You can create email reminders using automations. Automations are actions that you set up to take place within your account when specific time intervals passed. Follow these steps to set up an automation that notifies you within 24 hours if a new ticket isn't assigned to an agent.
To create this automation
- Go to Admin Center.
- Navigate to the Automations page.
- Select Add automation from the right-hand side.
- Add the conditions under Meet all of the following conditions:
- Ticket: Status | Is | New
- Ticket: Hours since created | Greater than | 24
- Under Perform these actions, add the action:
- Notifications: Email user | (yourself)
- Ticket: Status | Open
For the automation to work, one of the actions must nullify one of the conditions. In this example, the status of the ticket changes from new to open. This prevents the automation from firing in a constant loop.
Additionally, you can string multiple actions together. For example, add notification and escalate the ticket to a different support group, or send a notification back to the customer letting them know that you haven't forgotten them.