Sell users can create personal templates for frequently sent email messages. You create email templates from the email messages that you create in the Lead, Contact, and Deal cards.
Note: Shared email templates are not available on the Sell mobile app. Mobile users can use personal templates.
Applying a personal or shared email template
You can use your personal email templates whenever you write a new email. If shared email templates are enabled and available, you'll see a list of email templates that have been created by your account admin for you to use.
To use a personal or shared email message template
- On the sidebar in Sell, click Leads, Contacts, or Deals.
- On a lead, contact, or deal card, click the Send an Email tab.
- In the email field, click the Templates drop down menu, then select Insert template.
- Select the email template from your list of templates, then click Select.
The shared email templates are marked as Shared with everyone.
The template is inserted into your email.
- If you had entered text into the message before inserting the template, it will be deleted and replaced with the text contained in the template. However, you can still edit the email message text if you open the Templates drop-down menu, and select Edit template. Here you can also edit the names of your email templates and delete them from your list of templates.
If you are editing a shared email template, you can still edit the email message text after you’ve inserted the template, but you can't overwrite the template unless you have admin rights. Contact your account admin if you need a shared email template to be updated.
- If you want to save your modified version as the new version of the template, open the Templates drop down menu and click Save as new template. Enter a new template name and save it as a personal email message template.
- If you decide you want to use a different template, click Templates dropdown menu, then select Manage templates.
- If you want to remove the template from the email message, click Discard.
Please sign in to leave a comment.