A heatmap is a great way to see activity at different times in a compact and easy to read way.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
You can click the preview below to watch a video of this recipe, or continue to the walkthrough.
- In Zendesk Explore, click the reports ( ) icon.
- In the Reports library, click New report.
- On the Select a dataset page, click Support > Support - Tickets, then click Start report. The report builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets . Make sure to select both aggregators, COUNT and D_COUNT, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket created > Ticket created - Day of week, then click Apply.
- In the Rows panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket created > Ticket created - Hour, then click Apply.
- Using the visualization selector (), change the chart to a Table.
- Click the Ticket created - Hour attribute and Edit date ranges if you want to filter the chart to show results for a specific period, for example the year to date.
- Click the D_Count(Tickets) metric. Change the treatment from Normal to Color, then click Apply.
- In the Result manipulation menu (), click Result path calculation.
- On the Result path calculation page under D_COUNT(Tickets), choose the pattern % of Total, and the path On whole result.
- In the Chart configuration menu (), click Colors.
- On the Colors page, choose Color encoding > Style 1.
- Click the left paintdrop and select white.
- Click the right paintdrop and select the color you want to represent heavy traffic. You can move the blue dot on the color range to show more contrast between the bulk of your results.