When you create a dashboard in Zendesk Explore, by default only you can see it. In this article, you'll learn how to share dashboards with other agents and admins, and how to publish dashboards to keep them up to date.
To learn more about sharing dashboards with people who don't have a Zendesk account, see Sharing dashboards outside of Zendesk.
Sharing dashboards with other agents and admins
You can share dashboards with individual users or groups of users that have been added in Zendesk Support. Users you've shared with will receive an email invitation to view your dashboard.
When you share a dashboard with a user who has the Viewer role, they can see and interact with the dashboard. When you share a dashboard with a user who has the Editor role, they will have full access to the dashboard.
To share a dashboard
- Depending on where you are in Explore, start sharing by doing one of the
- If you have the dashboard open, click the drop-down arrow next to
Share and select Share.
- If you're previewing the dashboard, click Share.
- If you're in the dashboards library, click the Settings () icon to the right of the dashboard's name
and select Share.
- If you have the dashboard open, click the drop-down arrow next to Share and select Share.
- In the Share dashboard window, select the users or groups that you want
to share the dashboard with. Tip: To stop sharing a dashboard with any user or group, simply clear the corresponding checkbox in this window.
- Click Invite.
When you make changes to one of your dashboards, or to a query that's included on the dashboard, the changes aren't automatically re-shared with users. You must publish the dashboard to let users see the latest version.
To publish a dashboard
- Click the Dashboard icon () in the left sidebar.
- In the dashboards library, hover over a dashboard that you've created or cloned and click Edit.
- In the dashboard, click the drop-down arrow next to Share and select
Publish. The next time users look at the shared dashboard, they'll
see the latest version.