You can share a link to a dashboard with external users who do not have a Zendesk account. The link can also be used to display the dashboard on a television or monitor. Users will have view-only access to the dashboard with the following security measures:
- Interactivity options are disabled when you share dashboards externally. For details about interactivity options, see Interacting with dashboards.
- Any IP restrictions configured in your Zendesk instance will be enforced and links will only be accessible from that IP range. For details about IP restrictions, see Restricting access to Zendesk Support and your Help Center using IP restrictions.
This article contains the following topics:
Enabling external link sharing
Before you can start sharing external links, an account owner or admin must enable this from the Explore admin menu.
To enable external link sharing
- In Explore, open the Admin menu () on the left panel, then select Dashboard sharing permissions ().
- On the Dashboard sharing permissions page, enable the Enable creating
public links to dashboards option.
- Click Save.
You can now create public links to dashboards.
Sharing an external link to a dashboard
To share a dashboard externally
- Depending on where you are in Explore, take one of the following actions:
From an open dashboard: Click Share.
From a dashboard in preview mode: Click Share.
From the dashboards library: Click the options menu () to the right of your dashboard's name and
- From an open dashboard: Click Share.
- Click Edit.
- In the Public link settings window, click Enable link
- In the Password field, enter a secure password for the dashboard. The
password must have at least:
- 10 characters
- 1 uppercase character
- 1 lowercase character
- 1 number
- 1 symbol
If you don't want to password-protect the dashboard, clear the Password protected checkbox (not recommended).Important: If a user attempts to access a password-protected dashboard and enters an incorrect password five times, the dashboard becomes inaccessible for all users for five minutes.
- Click Save.
The Share dashboard page indicates that link sharing is now on. You can click Edit to modify your settings or Copy link to copy the dashboard link to your computer's clipboard.
Users can click the link to open the dashboard in a web browser or display the dashboard on a television or monitor.