The automated power dialer feature allows you to create an automatically dialed call list in your Sell account so you can dial the numbers of selected leads and contacts. You must use the unique phone number assigned to you as cannot share the same number with another agent.
This article covers the following topics:
Setting up your call list
You can automate your call list to dial one call after the other.
To set up your call list
- On the Sell sidebar, click the Leads, Contacts, or Deals page, select the records you want to call by checking the boxes in the first column.
- Click the phone icon at the top of the page to generate your list.
- Click Start at the bottom of the page to start dialing.
You'll see the following options:
- A timer counting down: it is counting down to when the first call is placed (for example, -0:05 means 5 seconds until the call starts)
- Call now: click to start the call immediately without waiting for the countdown to finish
- A notepad icon: click to review your call scripts before the call begins
- Pause: click to pause the dialer (for example, if you want come back to the list later)
- Click Save when you've finished adding your information.
For more information about other in-call controls, see Using calls and text in Sell Voice.
Calls dial out one after the other, with a pause in between each call to allow you to log any relevant information about the call and prepare for the next one.
Using the Sell Voice Call Summary page
After each call, you'll see a call summary page where you can record the call outcome and call summary if you want to. You can also create a task, such as a reminder, to follow up on the call.
To use the Call Summary page
- On the Call Summary page, click the Call Outcome dropdown menu and select an outcome.
- In the Notes field, add any relevant information from the call, that might be helpful for future calls or to access on from the Contacts page in the Notes section of that contact.
- (Optional) Select the Add task checkbox if you want to create, for example, a follow-up task that you can assign a due date to.
- Click Save.
How do we use the 'Call via Desktop App' feature on a Sell Call List? This feature is available from the drop down by clicking on the phone number in a Contacts Smart List or in single contact view and is very handy when calling contacts using multiple area codes (Sell is limited to one phone number). A work around would be to have the option to add the Contact's Phone numbers to a Deals list similar to a Contacts list. As of now we can add the Primary Contact Street, City, etc fields to a Deals Smart List but for some reason Primary Contact Phone Number is not an option.
The Call via Desktop App allows you to dial using your computer's default calling app. It is important to note that whatever calling app you are looking to use will have to be set as the default on your computer!
As for storing a phone number on the deal, while we suggest storing phone numbers specific to individuals on contact records, you can always create a "phone number" type custom field for your deals. Be sure you select "phone number" as the field type, and you will be able to click the number on a deal to dial just as you would for a contact!
Customer Advocate | Zendesk Sell CRM
Visit our Support Center - Email us at email@example.com - Call us at +1 888 670 4887 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PT
Our desktop calling app works great and is setup correctly. The issue is when working with deals smart lists we have no way to use the Call via Desktop App unless we click on the deal then click on the contact to then click on the phone number and bring up the drop down to trigger the Call via Desktop App function. It would make the process easier if we had to ability to add the contact's phone number field to a deal smart list similar to a contacts smart list.
Or, even better, if we had the ability to click on a phone number from a Call List and trigger the drop down with the Call via Desktop App feature. Either way, adding a new phone field to a deal record and then manually entering thousands of phone numbers would be a long and counter productive process.
Thanks for your quick response!
Is it possible to change the speed of the dialer. For example call after X seconds after a call is finished OR alternatively to have a time allocated to finishing off from previous call as in support where an agent is allowed XX seconds before they go online after a call is finished
We currently don’t have the option to change the interval in between calls and it’s not yet possible to modify the speed of dialing at the moment.
That being said, we encourage you to submit this as product feedback so other users can upvote it. Please check out the Zendesk Sell Community Feedback section.
can you drop a pre-recorded voicemail?
Apparently, voicemail can only be used if you could not take a call from one of your customers. Also, Voicemail is only available through the Early Access Program which you need to register here.
For your reference: Voicemail EAP: Setting up and using voicemail in Sell Voice
I hope this helps. Feel free to reach back if you have further questions.
Please sign in to leave a comment.