A topmost manager is the person in your organization whom all employees report to. After you have set up your user hierarchy, you can change a user to be the topmost manager in the account, so long as they do not have any subordinates reporting to them.
For more information about creating groups and teams in Sell, see Understanding groups and teams in Sell.
This article covers the following topics:
Creating a topmost manager
You must have admin rights to create a topmost manager of an account and the reporting structure of their users. You can only make a user with no reportees the topmost manager. If the user has reportees, you cannot make them the topmost manager.
To create a topmost manager
- Enable a user hierarchy for your account to create a topmost manager (see Creating a team structure (user hierarchy) in Sell).
- Under Settings > User management > User hierarchy, click the user's name to edit their permissions.
- Click Make topmost manager .
Changing the topmost manager
You can replace or change the topmost manager.
To change the topmost manager
- On the Sell sidebar, click Settings > User management > User hierarchy.
- Click the user you want to make topmost manager.
- Click Edit user > Make topmost manager.