The Download Recordings App allows you to download Talk recordings and access them offline anytime. Reference past calls, troubleshoot, and perform QA activities more easily, without having to search and pull up the ticket every time to listen. The app is available in the Zendesk Marketplace.
This article contains the following topics:
- In Admin Center, click the Apps and integrations icon () in the sidebar, then select Apps > Zendesk Support apps.
- Click Marketplace at the top of the page and then enter "Download Recordings" in the Marketplace search bar. Or, simply follow the marketplace link above.
- Double-click on the Download Recordings app icon, and click Install.
- In the installation section, enter a name for the app, and enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- On the app details page, click Install.
By default, the app is restricted to the administrator role. Administrators can modify the settings to allow access to additional groups and roles. Your account is charged for each agent or admin that has access to the app.
Using the Download Recordings app
If there are one or more recordings in the ticket in view, the Download Recordings app appears in the sidebar. The app doesn't appear in the sidebar if there are no recordings attached to that ticket. The icon at the upper left of each recording indicates whether the call was inbound or outbound. And with v2, call information now includes the phone number associated with the recording.
The app screen allows you to play the recording without scrolling through a long ticket to find it, and, if desired, you can listen to the recording through the app before deciding to download. You can choose to download a recording by clicking the download icon at the upper right corner of the recording. With version 2, you can now download all the recordings on a ticket by clicking Download all at the upper right corner of the app window.
Administrators can now restrict who has the ability to download recordings by setting permissions on the app settings screen.