Explore dashboards provide a customizable space for organizing and sharing information. Dashboards are built in the dashboard builder. The dashboard builder is an interactive tool for adding, customizing, and sharing dashboards.
This article shows you the two methods for creating new, empty dashboards.
Creating a dashboard from Query builder
You can create new, empty dashboards directly from Query builder. This is useful if you are working on a query that you plan to add to a new dashboard once finished.
To create a new dashboard from a query
- Open or create a query in Query builder.
- Click Save > Add to dashboard.
- To save to a new dashboard, select a new dashboard, and then enter your dashboard's name. If you want to save to an existing dashboard, select an existing dashboard, then choose the dashboard you want.
- Click Save.
After the confirmation message appears in the right corner, the new dashboard's name will be shown in the top toolbar of Query builder. Additionally, you can find the dashboard in the dashboards library.
- Click the dashboard name to open the dashboard.
Creating a dashboard from the dashboards library
You can also create new, blank dashboards in the Dashboards library. If you base your workflow on creating dashboards rather than reports, this could be the most effective option.
- Click on the Dashboards library icon () on the left side bar.
- Click New dashboard.
You are redirected to the new dashboard.
After you've created your dashboard, you can begin to add queries, filters, and other items to it. See Adding and arranging dashboard widgets