How does the mobile Chat app work? What features from the desktop web application are available on it?
One thing Zendesk developers have worked hard to do with the latest mobile Chat app is to ensure consistent functionality across both the Android and iOS platforms. This way agents can have an almost identical experience using the app regardless of the mobile device they're using. Below is a list of features available on both apps:
- Be more productive with the shortcuts feature.
- Don't worry about missing a message while chatting with our unique in-app notifications.
- Multi-tasking support. Get alerted of new messages when the app is backgrounded.
- Get alerted with the same great sounds from our online dashboard.
- Chats will remain updated even when you switch between our online dashboard and the app.
- Provide live customer help when they have a query, and never lose them to competitors.
- Initiate agent-to-agent chats from the app when you need to ask your team a question or transfer a chat to them.
- Push notifications that allow you to remain online and receive chats even when the app is terminated.
- See who's online on your site in real-time, and start engaging leads on your website.
- Email Chat Transcripts and review them right in your inbox.
- View past chats that took place with returning visitors.
- View the URL paths of your visitors, determine what they're viewing and how they got there.
To download the app for your mobile device, click one of the links below.
Note: For issues signing into the mobile app, see the article: How do agents sign in to the mobile Chat app? If you are trying to add live chat to your own custom mobile app instead, see the article: How do I add live chat or messaging into my custom mobile app?
I have been trying out your mobile app for chat, but do I seriously have to log in every time with Zendesk subdomain and then my user name and password? I find this time consuming as most apps at least remember your credentials after the first time so that you don't have to type them in every single time you want to log in, just confirm you wish to log in.
I seem to have an automatic sign-in after I sign in at least once.
There is even a "Remember Password" option on the log-in screen if you have a Chat-Only account.
Could you confirm whether you are on Android or iOS?
Do you sign out when you leave the App?
Jean-Charles - Zendesk Support
Please sign in to leave a comment.