The top/bottom filter restricts your results to a range you choose. For example, you can create queries such as the ticket type with the shortest resolution time or the five agents with the most solved tickets.
This article discusses the two ways to create a top/bottom filter:
Top/bottom result manipulation
The top/bottom result manipulation is a simple way to break down a report into the highest and lowest results.
- In Query builder, click the result manipulation icon ().
- In the Result Manipulation panel, click Top/bottom.
- Enter the number of top and bottom results you would like to see.
- Select the metric to use.
- Select a strategy.
If you have attributes on both rows and columns, you can select the appropriate section. If you have multiple attributes, and would like to see the top/bottom for each individually, you should select the per block strategy. If you select Auto, Explore will automatically choose a location.
- Optionally, select a calculation options:
- Aggregate values Useful if you have attributes in both the Rows and Columns panels, or a chart displaying results over time. Aggregate values calculate the total of the metric's results, instead of on the first concurrence of the metric.
- Aggregate filtered elements All results outside your specified top/bottom range will be combined into another category. This is useful when you do not want to view the details of the smaller results, but still would like the overall totals and percentage shares to be accurate.
- Click Apply.
The top/bottom result manipulation is added to the Filters panel.
Top/bottom attribute calculation
If you want a top/bottom filter to apply to other metrics than those on the frame, you can use a top/bottom attribute. Top/bottom attributes can be used in all queries created from the data source.
For example, if you want to analyze the number of tickets solved by the assignees with the longest full resolution times, you could use a top/bottom attribute. Your report would resemble the image below:
- In Query Builder, click the calculations icon ().
- Select the Top/bottom attribute option.
- Select a metric and an aggregator.
- Select the number of top and bottom values to display.
- Select an attribute.
- If you have any filters applied to the metrics and attributes of your query, check Compute according to the filters in this query to apply the filters to the attribute as well.
- Click Save
- Add your attribute to either the Columns or Rows panels.