Here's what you can do with our HootSuite integration.
Create Zendesk tickets from Tweets
You can convert a tweet from your HootSuite stream into a ticket. This makes it easier for your social media team to manage their X (formerly Twitter) feed and escalate the question to the right team in Zendesk. Route questions and respond to tweets faster using Zendesk’s social media tools.
Previously, converting a tweet to a ticket allowed the social media team to route the ticket to their support team within Zendesk. Once the support team found a good answer, the social media team would then return to HootSuite to respond back to the customer. Now, rather than returning to HootSuite to tweet the answer, any internal team involved can respond to the ticket within Zendesk and tweet the answer right back to the customer.
To enable ticket creation from HootSuite
- Log into your HootSuite Dashboard.
- Locate the “App Directory” icon in the left navigation bar and click on it.
- Search for “Zendesk” (or just look under the “Featured Apps” section).
- Once you locate the “Zendesk” listing, click on the “Install App” button.
- You will be given a confirmation prompt that the app is installed. Now you have the option to select whether you want to add a stream to an existing tab in your Hootsuite interface or a new tab. If you skip this step, you can always add it later. Make your selection and click “Finish”.
- Navigate to an existing X (formerly Twitter) stream.
- Locate a tweet you wish to convert to a ticket.
- Locate the dropdown menu arrow in the upper right corner of the tweet and click to expand the options.
- Locate the “Create ticket” button and click it.
- The first time you click this button, you will be prompted with a page to fill out options. Enter the following items:
- Zendesk Username
- Zendesk Password
- Zendesk Subdomain
- Create Zendesk tickets as “Twickets” (check this to enable “twicket” creation)
- Click “Save this authentication” and you're done.
Zendesk stream in HootSuite
The Zendesk for HootSuite plugin will stream Zendesk tickets in HootSuite to help you stay engaged with your tickets. Filter, search, reply to, or modify tickets from the Zendesk stream in HootSuite. If you need to go into Zendesk to get more information on the ticket, you can link directly back to your ticket from the Zendesk stream in HootSuite.
To enable the Zendesk stream in Hootsuite
- If you've already added the HootSuite plugin, navigate to the tab you selected in the last step of installing the plugin. Otherwise, repeat steps 1-5 from "How to enable ticket creation from HootSuite".
- Click the “Connect to Zendesk” button in your new Zendesk stream, then fill out the following information:
- Zendesk account subdomain (in format subdomain.zendesk.com)
- Zendesk Username
- Zendesk Password (or API key)
- Once the details above are filled out, click on “Login” to save those details and see a stream of your Zendesk tickets.