Zendesk supports two features that provide additional security for your account:
- Enhanced Disaster Recovery. This feature is included in Zendesk Suite Enterprise plans.
- Advanced Compliance. This feature is included in Zendesk Suite Professional plans and above.
Enhanced Disaster Recovery and Advance Compliance are also legacy add-ons for Support Professional plans and above.
This article includes the following sections:
About the additional security functionality
Additional security functionality includes:
- Enhanced Disaster Recovery enhances the protection of your Zendesk data and provides for faster recovery in the event of a disaster that interrupts your Zendesk service.
- Advanced Compliance helps you fulfill your obligations under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). With this feature, you have the ability to enter into a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Zendesk.
Exceptions to additional security functionality
In addition to the exceptions mentioned in the Enhanced Disaster Recovery and Advanced Compliance articles, the additional security functionality also may not apply to the following services:
- Zendesk Net Promoter Score (NPS) Surveys
- Zendesk Explore. See HIPAA considerations when using Zendesk Explore
- Other services managed and hosted by third parties and the data you enter into these other services, as defined in our Main Services Agreement.